- Although Judas Priest has accomplished just about everything a heavy metal band could possibly hope for, Rob Halford and company have yet to tackle a concept album. Soon, the group will be able to check that off its to-do list, as Priest is currently hard at work penning an album that will tell the story of the 16th century French prophet Nostradamus.
- "We're writing right now," Halford tells Billboard.com. "I'm here in the Midlands near Birmingham, with Glenn [Tipton] and K.K. [Downing]. The ideas are just so strong -- we've already been putting down the music. It's incredibly exciting and inspiring to be involved. We're getting incredible results at these early stages."
- Telling the tale of Nostradamus against a hard rock soundtrack will certainly be daunting, but Priest is up for the challenge. "It's going to be a monumental task. We've written about characters in our music over the decades -- 'Loch Ness,' 'The Sentinel,' 'Sinner,'" Halford says. "It's just like a natural progressive step for us. The exciting thing is that we're going to be performing the whole piece live on stage when we go out, hopefully in early 2007."
- Judas Priest reunion results in new album, world tour
- Hell bent for leather: Metal's long love affair with the ultimate rebelwear - (9/27/05)
- Judas Priest and Halford Enjoying Their Second Wind - (6/13/05)
- The Confessions of Judas Priest with pics! - (6/13/05)
- Judas Priest is Back with Halford Out Front - (6/13/05)
- Judas Priest Retakes Metal Throne (6/13/05)
- Comeback Kids: Judas Priest is back - with Harleys - (6/13/05)
- Metal Masters - Reunited godfathers of heavy music Judas Priest plan a sonic sermon - (6/13/05)
- Toledo Blade Review - (3/30/05)
- The Herald (UK) - (3/25/05)
- Halford avoids examining the past - (3/25/05)
Chance to WIN a 2006 Eclipse! The #1 recommended host offers 5,000MB of disk space, Unmetered Bandwidth, and more!
- Halford Nervous About New Priest Album - (3/25/05)
- PopMatters review - (3/23/05)
- Class Rock Revisited review - "Must Buy" - (3/22/05)
- New Haven Advocate "review" - (3/22/05) This guy seems off his rocker, and seems to get a bunch of "facts" wrong. But, still good.
- Greenwich Time - (3/22/05)
- LA Weekly - Heavy Metal Rec Room - (3/22/05).
- Las Vega Mercury review of AOR - (3/15/05)
- Tuscon Weekly review of AOR - (3/15/05)
- Chicago Sun Times review - (3/15/05) Scroll down that page to see review.
- The Trades review - B+ - (3/15/05)
- Des Moines Register - 'Retribution' trumps 'Rebirth' - (3/15/05)
- Calgary Sun review - 3.5 stars! - (3/15/05)
- RockDetector's review of AOR - (3/9/05)
- Billboard Magazine review of AOR - (3/4/05)
- Detroit Free News Review of AOR - (3/4/05)
- AOR Review - Hartford Courant - (3/3/05) by ME! WOO HOO!!! :-)
- Angel of Retribution to hit 70,000 in sales in first week in US!!!! - (3/3/05)
- The force is with the Mars Volta, despite their baffling lyrics and titles - (2/27/05, NY Daily News - Note: I have no idea what the hell the title of the article means....)
- Exclaim.com: Questionnaire: Judas Priest's Rob Halford - (3/1/05)
- Rolling Stone Review: "Angel of Retribution" 3 1/2 Stars (2/22/05)
- Halford Proud to be the first openly gay metal star (2/23/05)
- Halford Blasts Publicity Stunt Claims - (2/24/05)
- VH1 - Judas Priest Reborn With Retribution, Revisit Classic Sound
- VH1 - Judas Priest Have No Problem 'Letting The Metal Roar Out' On New LP
- Judas Priest's Halford Plans To Go 'Over The Top' With Costume Changes On Upcoming Tour - Feb. 22, 2005.
- Rob Halford Says Only Judas Priest Can Get Away With Singing About Loch Ness Monster - (Feb. 19, 2005)
- Rob Halford: 'Judas Priest Will Never Be A Nostalgia Band' - (Feb. 18, 2005)
- Judas Priest To Release 'The Collection' In April - (Feb. 16, 2005)
- Judas Priest Offers "Retribution - (2/5/05)
- Judas Priest Drummer Heading To U.K. For Tour Rehearsals - (Feb. 4, 2005)
- Judas Priest Guitarist Isn't Bothered By Illegal Downloads Of New Album - (Jan. 31, 2005)
- Judas Priest Talk About 'Angel Of Retribution', The Band's Legacy And Halford's Homosexuality - (Jan. 23, 2005)
- Glenn Tipton: 'Angel Of Retribution' Is 'Classic Judas Priest' - (Jan. 19, 2005)
- Judas Priest Showing Growth On New Music - (Jan. 13, 2005)
- Rob Halford Says New Album Is 'Everything You Want In A Judas Priest Record' - (Jan. 6, 2005)
- Fight To Release Posthumous Live DVD - (Dec. 21, 2004)
The Judas Priest Shrine is proud to announce that Bryan Reesman, noted music journalist for magazines such as Goldmine and Metal Edge, has been generous enough to provide The Shrine with two feature articles published in Goldmine Magazine. "Hell Bent For Leather: The Story Of Judas Priest", the most comprehensive history of Judas Priest ever written to date, and "The State Of Metal 1999: Rocking hard, riding free", which takes a look at the state of metal and music heading into the new decade, are now posted in their entirety for you to read.
I am a long-time fan of Bryan's work and am eternally grateful for his contribution to the site. This is by far the most exciting event for The Shrine, and I hope you all take the time to read both articles. If you thought you knew everything about Judas Priest and heavy metal, think again! These features will let you in on some juicy tidbits and a lot of history.
I encourage each and every one of you to please send Bryan an email at "email@example.com" and let him know what you think and to thank him for giving me the privledge to post this for all of you! You can also visit his new web site BryanReesman.com
Here's what you are looking for:
Please visit these links to view some of Bryan's previous work:
Judas Priest feature in Boston Phoenix, 11/10/97:
"Haydn From The Headbangers" feature on Amazon.com:
New Wave Of European Heavy Metal feature on Ink19.com: http://www.ink19.com/issues_F/99_02/ink_spots/new_wave_of_metal_nf.html